FIVE FACTSARENA FPS FUNDAMENTALS
01. NO BULLSHITFRAG LIKE IT'S 1999
TOXIKK plays as if today's military shooters never existed: It combines the intuitive mechanics of Arena FPS giants from the late 90s and early 2ks with a fresh setting, slick graphics and our vision to BRING BACK AFPS GAMING WITH SOUL & STYLE.
NO BULLSHIT reads: NO WEAPON LOADOUTS, NO COVER SYSTEMS, NO F2P, NO REGENERATING HEALTH, NO MOBA ELEMENTS, NO CLASSES, NO IRON SIGHT AIMING, NO RELOAD aaand...NO DUBSTEP!
02. ALL PLAYERS ARE EQUALUPGRADES CAN'T BE BOUGHT, BUT ARE REWARDS FOR IN-GAME PERFORMANCE.
THEY ARE OF COSMETIC NATURE ONLY.
You jump into each match with your basic pistol and a melee weapon. All other guns are to be picked in the map. A true AFPS requires all players to have equal chances and the availability of all weapons to everyone.
Allowing players to pre-define loadouts, let them level, buy better weapons or to permanently boost their stats in whatever way, CONTRADICTS THE IDEALS OF AFPS GAMING.
03. RESPECT THE GENRE'S IDEALSAFPS DOESN'T NEED RENOVATION. IT NEEDS A RETURN.
The principles of AFPS gaming were invented long before questionable monetization models, easy accessibility and multi-platform compatibility became major requirements for new games.
Instead, ideals like longevity, true skill, the good ol' EASY TO LEARN, HARD TO MASTER and community involvement were the keys to success in the 90s and early 2Ks.
All new ideas in TOXIKK were elaborated with Arena FPS enthusiasts, to make sure not to change the character of the genre. We wanted to bring new stuff that adds to the original ideas and ideals (FULL STEAM WORKSHOP INTEGRATION for community created content, user configurable HUD/UI elements, advanced matchmaking, a bounty system, leaderboards etc.
CHECK OUT THE FULL LIST OF NEW STUFF HERE.
04. DESIGNED FOR PCARENA FPS ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED WITH MOUSE AND KEYBOARD ...GODDAMMIT
The best reason why TOXIKK is exclusively designed for PC.
We have no plans to port it to any other platform.
05. DEVELOPED BY REAKKTORREAKKTOR may be a small, self-financed indie studio, but every team member brings at least a decade of experience in professional game development to the table and is dedicated to delivering a high quality experience.
Being sick of the direction FPS gaming was heading, our #1 REASON to build TOXIKK:
WE WANT TO PLAY IT!