01. CLASSIC ARENA FPSFRAG LIKE IT'S 1999. TOXIKK plays as if today's military shooters never existed! It combines the simple and intuitive mechanics of AFPS giants from the late 90s and early 2ks with a fresh setting, slick graphics and our vision to carefully evolve the AFPS genre with some new ideas elaborated with Arena-FPS enthusiasts.
The game features fast and precise movement with deeply configurable mouse controls, double jumps, dodge jumps, booster pick-ups, nine iconic WEAPONS to be carried around simultaneously, secondary fire modes for every weapon, jump pads, health-packs, lots of vertical gameplay on CLASSIC MAPS but also VEHICULAR COMBAT on some MASSIVE MAPS. Plus optional mutators (incl. Instagib) and just everything else that made Arena FPS titles addictive. It also features a fully configurable single-player mode (aka bot mode).
02. All players are equalEvery time you die, you respawn with a melee weapon and a basic pistol. All other weapons are to be picked up while you play. Character progression and customization are of cosmetic nature only.
However, TOXIKK features an XP and a bounty system. The XP system and its associated ranks are used for reputation purposes, for our match-making algorithms and to unlock new skins, but they do NOT change the stats or the abilities of your character. Your rank shows other players how skilled YOU are, rather than showing the experience level of your game character.
03. NO FREE-TO-PLAYWe believe that AFPS and micro-transaction fueled business models don't go well together. A true AFPS requires all player characters to have equal stats and the availability of all weapons to everyone. Allowing players to buy better weapons or to permanently boost their stats contradicts the idea of AFPS gaming in our opinion.
04. CLASSIC AND MASSIVE MAPSCLASSIC MAPS offer fast-paced action in small to medium-sized maps designed for up to 8 players, while MASSIVE MAPS feature more strategic gameplay in bigger environments created for up to 16 combatants. Vehicles (gliders, attack-bombers, hoverbikes and other ground vehicles) are exclusively available in some of the MASSIVE MAPS.
05. USER GENERATED CONTENTAll registered players can apply for a FREE SDK to build own maps, characters and skins etc. for TOXIKK. We will put up a web page as a central hub for user generated content on TOXIKK.com. Players may vote user-generated content to be made available through this hub. All content on this hub will be offered free of charge. The whole process will be handled through our forums.
06. EXLUSIVELY DESIGNED FOR PCWe believe that shooters are meant to be played with mouse and keyboard. That's why TOXIKK is exclusively designed for PC. At this point, we do not intend to port the game to any other platform.
07. developed by ReakktorREAKKTOR may be a self-financed indie studio, but every team member brings at least a decade of experience in professional game development to the table and is dedicated to delivering a high quality experience.
Breaking free from publisher concerns and features requested by the marketing guys, we decided to create this game for one single reason: WE WANT TO PLAY IT!
If you believe in the Arena-FPS genre as much as we do, then we need your help: Leaving the traditional publisher/developer model behind, also means that we do not have the marketing budget it takes to spread the word on our own, as all our money (and passion) goes into building the game. So, please help us get the word out. Tell your friends about it and like us on FACEBOOK and other social networks. Also, hop over to the FORUM and tell us what you would like to see in TOXIKK. YOUR voice matters!